Welcome to My Blog!

Please enjoy and feel free to leave comments... they're kind of my favorite.

Mission Requirements

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Integrity.
This word has tested my patience for the past three months. It's not that I have a problem with it. Actually, I find myself to be filled with the word. Filled so much, in fact, that when I see people lacking it, I am disgusted.
Dictionary.com defines it as: adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
The phrase that sticks out to me here is "moral character." This, to me, is your core. A person's moral character is all they've got. No matter how many things they say or do, in the end all that's left is your character.
Lately I have been faced with several occasions that have tested not only my moral character, but my integrity as well. I can't get into it, especially over the internet, but let's just say that I'm about to use my moral character to kick some integrity into a few certain people.

It's such a shame that at this day and age, no one can do anything for themselves. The people that do things right, with integrity and a respectable character end up sitting in the dust, confused at what just happened. Where do we draw the line? How can we say something's being done wrong without looking like a brown-noser?
Is there no integrity anymore? I'd like to think that answer is no, but with some of the things I see and hear, not only in my own life but on the news, in the papers, even in the tabloids, make me think our society is going down the toilet.

If our prospective Democratic Presidential Candidates can't discuss an issue without airing the others' dirty laundry, how are we expected to follow suit and come to the correct decision? Moral character comes into play here, obviously. If one stops though, would the other follow suit? Would the tortoise beat the hare?
I may ask a lot of questions, but if I could find the answers that pleased me, this world would be in a much better place.

0 comments: