Welcome to My Blog!

Please enjoy and feel free to leave comments... they're kind of my favorite.

Payment Overdue

Monday, February 18, 2008

It hit me when I was brushing my teeth. I had recently purchased some toothpaste based upon the fact that it was pink. As I ran the toothbrush over my tongue, I realized that the cough syrupy taste was not enough to overcome the fact that what was in my mouth was pink.
My life has become this obsession. Under hobbies I currently list: robots, Pomeranians, cupcakes, and anything pink.
Does this really define me as a person?
When I see someone, do I automatically wonder what their hobbies are? No. In fact, lately all I seem to care about is where they work, who they work for, and I estimate how much I think they make in a year. This corporate world that I have been privy to for a good 3 years has made me numb to the fact that hey, maybe one of my coworkers likes electronics as much as I do or wait, hey maybe they like the same musical artists that I crank up in my new car stereo.
Instead I work 12 hours a day, come home and sleep. The weekends involve drinking and playing board games with friends that I love dearly, but are in the same situation as I am. Do they realize it as much as I do? I hope so. What are we doing about it though?

I've outgrown this city. It's not letting me grow into who I'm becoming. My number one interest right now is applying for jobs. I've applied to everything. Everywhere. I sat there contemplating a trip to Kuwait before my conscience got the best of me. Am I really that desperate to get out of NoVa? I hesitate to write my gut answer.

I'm stuck in a rut. I try to bake. I try to write. I try to do my collages.
Nothing I do feels organic. It's forced, as though I'm being graded on my work. By peers, parents, friends, coworkers. I want to get out of here and re-create myself. Make something of myself besides making a shit-ton of money with nothing to show for it.

I guess this is what I get for being alone all day.

0 comments: