Welcome to My Blog!

Please enjoy and feel free to leave comments... they're kind of my favorite.

D Family Christmas

Saturday, December 25, 2010


Last year I had just gotten to Germany, therefore I was all by myself on Christmas. It was pretty tough, Skyping with my parents and friends back in the states while I ate canned soup and watched a "Moonlighting" marathon on British television. Now that my parents live here too, about an hour from me, they decided that this year will be Epic Christmas of 2009/2010. Let the picture show begin:



We woke around 0700, due to hungry kittens, and discovered that it snowed a TON overnight. You can't really see it from the picture, but it was still snowing. I think it's still snowing now.

















We all got some lovely gifts, but the highlight for me was the set of Betsey Johnson necklaces. She's my favorite. Dad and I got mom a carved wood Bookkeeper that she got teary about, so I think she liked it.

















After we were done ripping into the gifts, the cats felt the need to inspect every piece of wrapping paper and empty box.

Then, while dad cleaned up the wrapping paper remnants, mom and I made our traditional homemade donuts.


After a short rest, we decided to venture out into the snow. This is the only time I like snow; when I don't have to drive in it.




My parents have a castle in their town. I love that they put a tree on the very top of it.


Later in the day, mom made our usual Christmas dinner of ham, garlic potatoes, and green bean casserole. Does anyone else put cheese in theirs? It's amazing that way.

We ended the night with apple pie (not pictured, we ate it too fast to capture on camera) and Skyping with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope yours was as warm as mine.

You can check out more pictures from today on my Flickr.

0 comments: