Welcome to My Blog!

Please enjoy and feel free to leave comments... they're kind of my favorite.

Reverb- December 6

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?


I've made quite a few things lately, to include cupcakes and an ugly Christmas sweater, but the thing I'm most proud of is my Halloween costume. I went as a peacock:
The dress was $10 at the Gap, I bought it about 5 years ago. I put an Old Navy shrug over it.
The hat was made out of a piece of felt, hot glued at the back and black pipe cleaners hot glued to the crease.
The tail was made from teal blue material, cut into a feather pattern. Then I hot glued felt circles on the ends of the feathers and used black pipe cleaners and black Sharpie to make the lines. Then I glued PVC pipes to the sides and some of the lines, connecting the bottom part to the pink and white belt.
It was a good design because it also folded down into a tail that I could bend down by my legs. The only downside was that when the tail was up, I had to walk sideways to get through doors and I kept knocking into people. It made for a memorable evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This, seriously, was the best costume ever. So. Amazing.

Pink Is Neat said...

Thanks, Serena. :-) I wish you had been here to see it in full effect!